We can do no great things, only small things with great love.

Mother Teresa

Thursday, October 4, 2007

Week 9 Thing 23 Wahoooooooo!

What were your favorite discoveries or exercises on this learning journey?
I learned sooo much! Rollyos, bloglines and wikis are useful both personally and in the library setting. For me personally, I learned how much I enjoy "play"! I'm usually so focused on getting things done, that I rarely take time to just play. And I found so much enjoyment looking at You Tube and creating my avatar!

How has this program assisted or affected your lifelong learning goals?
I realized how much I do enjoy learning new things and will continue to want to be a lifelong learner.

Were there any take-aways or unexpected outcomes from this program that surprised you?
I felt a little intimidated by all of the new technology when I began 23 Things. I was surprised by how much I not only learned but really enjoyed myself along the way!

What could we do differently to improve upon this program’s format or concept?And last but not least…
I thought for the most part it was easy to follow and navigate through. I talked to a few people who had scheduled time to work on 23 Things together as a group and had lots of fun with it. I think encouraging others, especially those people who were novices in learning new technology to do so would be helpful!

If we offered another discovery program like this in the future, would you again chose to participate?
Absolutely

How would you describe your learning experience in a few words or a few sentences, so we can share our successes and promote this program?
Sometimes intimidating or a little frustrating, but I grew in my self confidence and felt so good when I mastered it! All in all, it was definitely a very rewarding experience and I would recommend it highly to other people!

2 comments: