We can do no great things, only small things with great love.

Mother Teresa

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Week 7 Thing 16 Wiki's

Prior to this time, my only personal experience with a wiki was as part of the Leadership Academy. It was a new concept to me, and although I loved reading everyone else's posts, I felt like I didn't have the time to really get comfortable with using it and posting my entries as often as I would have liked. I like the concept of the wiki and feel it has many uses within the library system. In Library 2.0 in 15 Minutes a Day, I liked being able to find so many technological sites in one location. I found the Bull Run Public Library Wiki to be an interesting concept. In looking through the wiki, I found Library Elf which provides patrons with email or RSS alerts before the items are due. It also provides patrons with cellphone text message alerts for holds. Pretty cool stuff!

No comments: